Vocabulary: intermediate and above
English vocabulary lists
Here are some lists of General English vocabulary for intermediate and upper-intermediate learners.
We regularly update all of our lists, so please add this page to your favourites and visit us again.
- Irregular verbs (complete list)
eat, ate, eaten
take, took, taken, . . .
- Plural nouns (10 examples)
scissors, clothes, . . .
- Collective nouns
a set of, a swarm of, a shoal of, . . .
- Uncountable nouns often confused
- Abstract nouns
patience, bravery, . . .
- Adjectives used as nouns
the deaf, the blind, . . .
- Stuart’s article: 8 alternatives words for approximately
- Stuart’s article: 10 alternative words for thing
Do you need an easier level? See: General vocabulary for elementary level