Vocabulary: elementary and pre-intermediate
General English for elementary and pre-intermediate learners:
- English irregular verbs (the 70 most common) spoke, ate, drank, made, . . .
- 10 important phrasal verbs wash up, slow down, give up, . . .
- 10 uncountable nouns: types of material wood, glass, metal, . . .
- 10 uncountable nouns: types of food meat, rice, bread, . . .
- 10 common informal words kids, bike, . . .
- List of common adjectives and opposites cold ⇄ hot, old ⇄ young, . . .
- Names of family members mother, son, daughter, . . .
- Names of shapes square, rectangle, circle, . . .
- Male vs. female words for jobs actor – actress, barman – barmaid, . . .