Business English includes speaking on the telephone, creating a CV, emailing and letter-writing, and making presentations. Below you will find the phrases and vocabulary you need for survival in an English-speaking work environment.
- English curriculum vitae – how to write a CV / resumé in English
- Telephone language – how to speak on the phone in English
- 100 Essential Business verbs
- 100 Essential Business nouns
- Stuart’s article: Qualifiers: words that help you sound more polite in a business meeting
Business email and letter writing
- Business letter-writing phrases / Yours faithfully, yours sincerely
- More useful phrases for business emails and letters (making requests, complaining, apologising)
- Making requests in emails and letter
- How to use ‘however’ in formal writing
- How to use ‘as’ in formal writing
- Stuart’s article: How to start and end a business email
You can practise vocabulary in our Business English vocabulary exercises section.