Answering the phone
- Good morning/afternoon/evening, York Enterprises, Elizabeth Jones
- Who's calling, please?
- This is Paul Smith speaking.
- Hello, this is Paul Smith from Speakspeak International.
Asking for someone
- Could I speak to John Martin, please?
- I'd like to speak to John Martin,
- Could you put me through to John Martin, please?
- Could I speak to someone
- I'm afraid Mr Martin isn't in at the moment.
- I'm sorry, he's in a meeting at the moment.
- I'm afraid he's on another line at the moment.
Putting someone on hold
- Just a moment, please.
- Could you hold the line, please?
- Hold the line, please.
- I'm sorry, I don't understand. Could you repeat that, please?
- I'm sorry, I can't hear you very well. Could you speak up a little,
- I'm afraid you've got the wrong number.
- I've tried to get through several times but it's always engaged.
you spell that, please?
Putting someone through
- One moment, please. I'll see if Mr Jones is available.
- I'll put you
- I'll connect you.
- I'm connecting you now.
Taking a message
- Can I take a message?
- Would you like to leave a message?
- Can I give him/her a message?
- I'll tell Mr Jones that you called
- I'll ask him/her to call you as soon as possible.